During the past two years, Bitcoin (BTC) has attracted everyone’s eyes, be it investors or simple users.
Bitcoin (BTC) remains the world’s most famous cryptocurrency and the world’s leader by market capitalization. The digital asset is nowadays considered by many “the future of the internet” as well as speculative coin. The opinions on Bitcoin (BTC) are divided regardless of the business areas of the entrepreneurs, but Forbes magazine has chosen the most impressive 23 quotes about Bitcoin said by some of the most influential personalities around the world.
- Bitcoin is a technological tour de force.” – Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder.
- “Bitcoin will do to banks what email did to the postal industry.”- Rick Falkvinge, Founder of the Swedish pirate party.
- “Every informed person needs to know about Bitcoin because it might be one of the world’s most important developments.” -Leon Luow, Nobel Peace Prize nominee.
- “It’s gold for nerds.” -Stephen Colbert, producer and television host.
- “Bitcoin is the most important invention in the history of the world since the Internet.”- Roger Ver, BTC angel investor.
- “Stay away from it. It’s a mirage, basically. In terms of cryptocurrencies, generally, I can say almost with certainty that they will come to a bad ending.”-Warren Buffet, Berkshire Hathaway CEO.
- “Bitcoin, and the ideas behind it, will be a disrupter to the traditional notions of currency. In the end, currency will be better for it.”- Edmund Moy, one of the Directors of the United States Mint.
- “Still thinking about #Bitcoin. No conclusion – not endorsing/rejecting. Know that folks also were skeptical when paper money displaced gold.”- Lloyd Blankfein, Goldman Sachs CEO.
- “[Bitcoin] is a very exciting development, it might lead to a world currency. I think over the next decade it will grow to become one of the most important ways to pay for things and transfer assets.”-Kim Dotcom, CEO of MegaUpload.
- “There are 3 eras of currency: Commodity based, politically based, and now, math based.” – Chris Dixon, Co-founder of Hunch and SiteAdvisor.
- “It’s money 2.0, a huge huge huge deal.”- Chamath Palihapitiya, the former head of AOL messenger.
- “[Virtual currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system.”– Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- “I am very intrigued by Bitcoin. It has all the signs. Paradigm shift, hackers love it, yet it’s derided as a toy. Just like microcomputers.” – Paul Graham, Creator of Yahoo Store.
- “I really like Bitcoin. I own Bitcoins. It’s a store of value, a distributed ledger. It’s also a good investment vehicle if you have an appetite for risk. But it won’t be a currency until volatility slows down.”- David Marcus, Paypal CEO.
- “Bitcoin is a remarkable cryptographic achievement, and the ability to create something that is not duplicable in the digital world has enormous value.” -Eric Schmidt, Google CEO.
- “Bitcoin is a classic network effect, a positive feedback loop. The more people who use Bitcoin, the more valuable Bitcoin is for everyone who uses it, and the higher the incentive for the next user to start using the technology. Bitcoin shares this network effect property with the telephone system, the web, and popular Internet services like eBay and Facebook.” -Marc Andreessen, entrepreneur & investor.
- “Instant transactions, no waiting for checks to clear, no chargebacks (merchants will like this), no account freezes (look out Paypal), no international wire transfer fee, no fees of any kind, no minimum balance, no maximum balance, worldwide access, always open, no waiting for business hours to make transactions, no waiting for an account to be approved before transacting, open an account in a few seconds, as easy as email, no bank account needed, extremely poor people can use it, extremely wealthy people can use it, no printing press, no hyperinflation, no debt limit votes, no bank bailouts, completely voluntary. This sounds like the best payment system in the world!”-Trace Mayer J.D., BTC and gold expert.
- “You can’t stop things like Bitcoin. It will be everywhere, and the world will have to readjust. World governments will have to readjust.” -John McAfee, McAfee founder.
- “Virgin Galactic is a bold entrepreneurial technology. It’s driving a revolution. And bitcoin is doing just the same when it comes to inventing a new currency.”- Richard Bransonowner of Virgin empire.
- “Ten percent of my net worth is in this space.” -Mike Novogratz, Galaxy Digital Assets hedge fund manager.
- “Maybe I’m just too old, but I’m going to let this mania go on without me.” -Jeffrey Gundlach, CEO and Chief Investment Officer of DoubleLine Capital.
- “Blockchain is the tech. Bitcoin is merely the first mainstream manifestation of its potential.”- Marc Kenigsberg, Bitcoin Chaser founder.
- “Whereas most technologies tend to automate workers on the periphery doing menial tasks, blockchains automate away the center. Instead of putting the taxi driver out of a job, blockchain puts Uber out of a job and lets the taxi drivers work with the customer directly.” -Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum co-founder.
At the time of writing, Bitcoin (BTC) has a market cap of $111,572,641,099 and is traded at $6,481.20, up 0.99%, according to CoinMarketCap.